Don't laugh when you read this. <g>

I'm trying to learn SQL with some simple places to use it, like deleting
records from files at month end.  Instead of RPG programs, I'm doing
RUNSQLSTM from a CL program.  It's going well, but I have a sticky one that
I don't think lends itself to SQL very well.

Before a discontinued item is deleted from the item master (DMITMMST) it is
added to a file of old item numbers (OLITMMST) where it stays for 24 months
before the item number can be reused.  The record formats are identical
*EXCEPT* that OLITMMST has an additional field at the end of the format
called DLDATE which is the date the item was deleted.

What I want to do in the SQL script is:

--
-- Add items marked for deletion to old items file
--

Every INSERT example and discussion I can find always lists every field by
name.  Isn't there a way to tell it "all fields" like the "*" in SELECT

Thanks.