Trevor,

The problem with characterizing Joe Pluta being
opposed to modernization [Luddite], is that he has
been on the leading edge of technology with his PCS400
product, which is used specifically to extend and
modernize legacy applications.

You need to decide whether you're going to spend your
time helping Microsoft extend its monopoly from the
desktop to the server, or to support OS/400 based
alternatives.

Promoting products and technologies that are based on
Windows may have market appeal and promise, but
promoting them as a way to "help" the iSeries as a
platform, is going too far.  The net effect of what
you're promoting is to move more applications off the
iSeries and onto Wintel desktops and servers.

Promoting .Net and products based on .Net as "good"
for the iSeries, is just about as wrong as
characterizing Joe Pluta as a Luddite.

Nathan Andelin

--- Trevor Perry <tperry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joe,
>
> You are screaming anti-Microsoft sentiment. Chicken
> Little did the same.
>
> If the iSeries is to continue to grow as the server
> of choice, we need to
> know where all the technologies fit. You claim it is
> the most open system...
> therefore we have attracted the attention of
> Microsoft.
>
> If you think Microsoft really wants to remove and
> replace the iSeries,
> screaming and shouting about the "evils" of
> Microsoft will not stop them.
> The best way is to determine where they fit,
> integrate them, move Window
> servers into the i5, and adapt to this new world.
> Your rhetoric is simply
> noise and is no more effective than "nyeh nyeh n boo
> boo".
>
> Education and information are the best tools.
> Showing how the iSeries is the
> best server, and how it does integrate with
> everything else, including
> Microsoft is going to be our best defense in
> maintaining the future of our
> platform.
>
> Trevor
>
> P.S. I appreciate your continued investment in this
> thread. It is intriguing
> to me how the both of us are pro-iSeries, but our
> views are different.

Discover Yahoo!