Those of you that know Trevor, know that he is a true-blue iSeries
Bigot... just like the rest of us... He has always gone above and beyond
the call.

To say that we as iSeries techies should not embrace technologies like
.NET is akin to saying we should not embrace Excel and Word and Internet
Exploder ... simply because it's from Bill's minions. They are tools
that we can use to improve our IT response to our users and customers.

The tour, from what I have heard is NOT intended to say MS is better,
and to MOVE away from iSeries... (In fact MS has been told specifically
what they can and cannot say! It's not a Free-for-all)

The tour touches on HOW to integrate with what everyone else in the
world is doing..... If the iSeries community is not willing to integrate
with technologies like .NET.... the iSeries will not last long enough
for even half of us to retire without learning anything new. <grin>

Just my opinion.

Dan Riehl
The PowerTech Group, Inc.

>> Trevor:
Network

>> Joe:
>> > From
>> > the iSeries Network website for the Midrange Modernization Tour:
>> >
>> > "Explore your options for developing tomorrow's applications
>> > at this one-of-a-kind roadshow, brought to you by the iSeries
>> > Network and Microsoft Corporation."
>>
>> For as long as I can remember, iSeries Network has been my home page.
>> Today
>> I change it.
>>
>> Thanks for pointing this out.
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Crosby
>> Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.
>> P.O. Box 13369
>> Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369
>> 260-422-7531
>>
>> The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of
my
>> company.  Unless I say so.
>>

>> --
>> This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L)
mailing