We're looking to purchase a security management product for our iSeries
systems.  The main objective is to secure FTP (which has to be enabled)
& ODBC, but other potential benefits will be considered as we do our
evaluations.  We lack the resources to roll our own exit points in the
required timeframe and we'd rather have a vendor product as there's less
chance of things being missed.  Not to mention probable better
functionality.

Functionality provided is the main criteria, but ease of
implementation/administration and price are also considerations.

Products requiring an outboard Windows (or other non-i5/OS) server will
not be considered.  However, a Windows-based GUI (browser, iNav plugin,
etc.) served from the iSeries is fine for the admin front-end.

If you're a current or recent user of any currently available iSeries
security product, I would like to hear your comments about the good, the
bad, and the ugly.  If you don't care to publicly comment, off-list
replies are welcome and will be held in strict confidence.

Vendor responses are welcome, but please send them off-list.

FWIW, the environment will be an LPARed i5 570 with V5R3.  The main apps
are JDE World/OneWorld and Peoplesoft EnterpriseOne.