First, what did you use to upload? I'm assuming FTP.

Second, be sure your shared folder is not in /QDLS - the term suggests that location, from the old days. Be sure you are talking about mapped network drives and not the old Client Access shared folders.

Third, don't use a mapped network drive. Consider this - every time you write to the file you are going across the network over one of the really poor protocols - NetBios, esp. as IBM has written it - it's not the best thing since sliced bread. Far better to do the PC work native on the PC, not over the network, then FTP to IFS or even a PF directly if it's formatted for fixed length. Or you can copy from a local drive to a mapped drive, once you are done. But FTP is probably faster.

Of course, we have a product or two - RPG2SQL could get involved here - there is an ODBC text driver - or our Office Integrator. www.rjssoftware.com and look under Solutions, then one of the categories, then in Product Overview, which is really a product list.

HTH
Vern