Joe, your biases are truly showing, but your reply has nothing to do with the Midrange Modernization Tour.

Whatever your opinion, J2EE and .Net are both here to stay. I think the MMT is a good place to get information to understand what choices we have with our iSeries to leverage that new world.

If you truly believe there is a push to move us away from the platform, why would you not educate yourself on how the MAP partners can fit INTO our iSeries world? We have the best server on the planet, why are we not happy that it can integrate with all the tools in our toolbox? And, if you understand how the MAP partners tools fit into our world, then we have a chance to grow this platform.

Hiding behind the Java wall throwing insults will not prevent the world from changing.

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Pluta"

You can tell yourself whatever you want, but this is Bill's show, and is
planned to do nothing but give him some credibility among people who
would otherwise know better.  The man's devious, but not dumb.

Here is the reality: If Gates had his way, every iSeries on the planet
would be replaced by SQL Server tomorrow.  You know that, I know that,
everyone involved with this traveling show knows that.  Microsoft and
ASNA hatched the MAP specifically and solely to move iSeries customers
to Windows.

All the other players in this game are pawns whom Bill will gladly
sacrifice when endgame rolls around.

Joe

P.S. Anybody who has gotten the misguided notion that Microsoft just
wants to peacefully coexist with the iSeries, please remember Apple and
Windows or IBM and OS/2: that's how Microsoft plays with its partners.

As to the iSeries, the facts speak just as loud: SQL Server has no DRDA
interface and no ODBC driver for OS/400.  If Microsoft were REALLY
serious about coexistence, the platforms would be joined at the hip
already... and that'll happen just about the time that pigs are flying
over the Cubs as they win the World Series on a snow-covered baseball
field in Hell.

From: Trevor Perry

Contrary to popular misconception, this is not a seminar about moving
away
from the iSeries. I would personally encourage you to attend if you
can. I
am certainly having a great time presenting, and it provides me a
forum to
evangelize the iSeries and its future.