Joe,

Don"t take this personal, but the requestor was using SQL/400, not RPG.

But to please you, here is a link to a TechTip on mcpressonline: Populate Files
on the iSeries from Oracle or SQL Server by Tahir Malik
(http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc/1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@.6b24d1dc), published two
weeks ago, after the previous discussion on this topic..

In the example provided he uses a connection to an Oracle database, using the
JDBC driver.

If you can not view the entire article (older than 14 days requires a log-in)
use the printer-friendly option on the to pright side of the page.

Hope this may be a soluiton, not _the_ solution.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler.

On 6-6-05 at 20:45 Joe Pluta wrote:

>Rob, I don't mean to argue here, but I want to make a point.  Folks, up until
>recently, the IBM midrange was a fairly closed box.  >That was fine; we really
>didn't need anybody else.  However, over the last decade or so, IBM has made
>incredible strides to open the >machine.  To that end, you have literally
>dozens of ways to access the outside world.
>
>And none of them are in base RPG. Because RPG doesn't need them.

<SNIP>