Ok, so what I did is this.

1.  Define a variable to hold the double quote character.
2.  Replaced all instances of this in my strings from a
literal to the variable.
3.  Before processing, if the CCSID of the job is 1026 (the
only CCSID that it seems the double quite seems to be a
problem) I use iConv to convert the variable from the CCSID
of the program object to the CCSID of the job.

I have someone testing it now.