If you're operating at security level 30 or below, you can configure a subsystem to sign on using a default job description. Then all the users have to do is hit enter to sign on.

Tony Corbett wrote:
Hi,

I'm in the process of system testing and implementation of a little "time
clock" type subsystem on the AS400 and as part of this, I created a simple
userid and password for signing on a workstation in the warehouse(s).  I
plan to just put this userid and password on a sticky on the workstation.
This profile is only allowed a little 3 option menu and has no rights to
anything else, so I think it's "safe".

Anyway, this same userid is used in 16 locations and invariably, someone
will *DISABLE the user profile trying to spell the really simple password.
I don't want to change the system values from the current values of 4 tries
then disable, but I need for this user profile not to get disabled.

I already thought of scheduling a job to re-enable it every hour or so, but
does anyone have a better idea to prevent this profile from getting
disabled??

TIA

Tony Corbett, IT Director

Space Flooring and Supplies, Inc.