Recently our ftp client on our AS400 started putting 3 characters of garbage
into files transferred from an IIS FTP server to a data base file.  The file
does not exist before the FTP starts so it is creating a new flat file in a
temporary library.  This has been working for years.  We recently put on
CUME and Groups.

Opt  PTF Group             Level  Status
     SF99530                5102  Not installed
     SF99529                  49  Not installed
     SF99503                   4  Installed
     SF99298                   6  Installed
     SF99295                   2  Not applicable
     SF99290                   2  Not installed
     SF99289                   1  Not installed
     SF99288                   6  Not installed
     SF99287                   8  Not installed
     SF99286                   8  Not installed
     SF99285                  10  Not installed
     SF99282                   3  Not installed
     SF99275                   5  Not installed
     SF99274                   4  Unknown
     SF99272                   6  Not installed
     SF99269                   5  Not installed
     SF99185                   6  Not installed
     SF99173                   2  Installed
     SF99139                   1  Installed
     SF99099                   4  Not installed

And have many more loaded ready to install at the next ipl.  Does any one
know of a specific PTF that has broken the FTP client using standard ASCII
=> EBCDIC translation?  The file looks fine from the PC side before the FTP
but is corrupt in the library after the transfer.  Again three bytes of
garbage is inserted before the first record.

Chris Bipes