Firmly agrees.  The TAA Tools that I suggested earlier use the APIs
suggested by someone else.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             midrange-l-bounce                                          To
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Midrange Systems Technical
                                       Discussion
                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             05/11/2005 03:28                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Monitor JobQs and OutQs
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

I strongly discourage attempting to use spool files to convert into output
files and then process that.  I've been burned too many times by IBM
reformatting spool files with each new version.  Right after a new version
is not a time to have to scramble to fix all the stuff that uses spool
files.

For example, I used to use DSPSYSSTS OUTPUT(*PRINT) and then CPYSPLF that
to a disk file.  But they kept shifting around the % system asp used.  And
changing the U/M from MB to GB.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Jones, John \(US\)" <John.Jones@xxxxxxxxxx>
05/11/2005 02:11 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Monitor JobQs and OutQs

I did something like this.

Mine looks at jobs in all active job queues (held queues are ignored),
CPU % busy, and concurrent interactive users.  It uses CL to gen the
splfs and parse them and a little QSH to gen the stats and net.data to
display them in a window.  The stats refresh automatically as does the
web page window.  The web page's title contains the info as well so even
if I can't see the window the current stats are in my task bar.

Really, it's not hard at all, is free, and uses a trivial amount of
resources.  Send me an email off-list and I can send you my (ugly)
source code.

John A. Jones, CISSP
Americas Information Security Officer
Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc.