Steve,

Just a quit reply to go with my last.  Didn't realize you were giving a link to
the /. discussion that took place right after the system crash.

I was thinking you were referring to the /. discussion of the article itself.

You're correct, that the link you posted has some good info.  Haven't run
across any posts saying that the bug ( or more importantly its affects) were
know.  But I'm not through them all yet.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121