Well...no...what I'm saying is that are many iSeries programmers who won't
use join logicals or SQL because it's not a technique that existed 30 years
ago. That doesn't mean that native I/O techniques are bad, simply that there
are other methods, and being tied to a single method of processing (because
that's all they ever wanted to learn) is less than optimal. I remember when
structures (well, semi-structured) opcodes came out in RPG/II on a S/36. I
couldn't imagine anyone not using something that made code easier to write
and understand. And I'm going to be at a client soon that still doesn't use
them...on an 825...running V5R3.