North Little Rock, AR 72117

Phone: 501-955-1221
Fax: 501-955-4221

             fkany@averittexpr
             ess.com
             midrange-l-bounce         MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/30/2005 04:23          SQL "USING" reserved word
             PM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

I'm trying to pseudocode an SQL solution for my current project.  I'm
stumped at trying to use the "USING" reserved word in the section that uses
"LEFT OUTER JOIN".  Did I use it correctly?

Thanks,

Frank

FILE1 is the header file, keyed on F1KEY1 and F1KEY2.
FILE2 is the detail file, keyed on F2KEY1 and F2KEY2.

Here's an example of what my SQL pseudocode code looks:

CREATE VIEW ROB/DOUGGIE
      (F1KEY1, F1KEY2, F2DETAIL)

AS SELECT
      FILE1.F1KEY1, FILE1.F1KEY2,
      FILE2.F2DETAIL

FROM
      (FILE1
        LEFT OUTER JOIN FILE2 USING (F1KEY1 AND F1KEY2)