OVRPRTF PAGRTT(0) or OVRPRTF PAGRTT(90). It has been documented for about
a hundred years. By default this parameter is set to *AUTO which gives the
print writer the option to select the rotation or *COR (computer output
reduction) to best fit the output on the page. You don't set this up by
printer, you set it up for each spoolfile produced. Just like Microsoft!

Dan

"Dave Odom" <Dave.Odom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
03/29/2005 12:07 PM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Creation of printer object for landscape printing.

I've asked my systems programmer to create a way for me to send
printouts to an HP LAN attached printer in portrait or landscape
orientations, at will.  This so I can choose different printers and
therefore  print orientations from the list of printers available to DB2
Query Manager or other applications.  Currently, the DB2 QM printer list
only consists of printers that have been configured in the portrait
orientation.   As you might guess these printers are also used for
regular PC printing(Word, etc.).  And, as you know, what I ask is easily
chosen from a PC application.

What object(s) does my systems programmer need to create on the iSeries
for each LAN HP-type printer and how does he configure them to allow a
choice for print orientation from the iSeries?   I would assume he needs
to create one print device, such as a 3812 but two or more print writers
and/or print queues.  If so, how is that done and which configuration
methodology provides the most flexibility?   Best practices are
requested.

It seems like all our Printers are configured with a device class of
*VRT and a type of 3812.  I assume 3812 was picked by whomever
originally configured the systems as being the closest IBM device type
to HP LAN attached printers since there are no HP device types in the
list of acceptable types.

If what I ask is already well documented at the IBM web site or on the
CD's that come with the OS, please let me know so I can point my systems
programmer in the appropriate direction.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
list