Alberto -

One thing you could do is change the QUSRWRK subsystem to have a private memory pool instead of *BASE, in order to minimize the impact on other jobs that use *BASE.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alberto Amigoni" <a.amigoni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:15 AM
Subject: QZDASOINIT impact

HI

What will happen to my 810 iSeries 4GbRAM when i'll port a 1 GB
MsSQLServer database into the QSYS architecture and
let it access from 50 concurrent users for continous quering and data
entry via ODBC / RDO VisualBasic 6.0 forms from the LAN ?
(This is just a first-time phase for the porting of the entire
application... but we hope to centralize the DB without touch too much the
VB Application
and concentrate on other aspect of the integration before redesigning the
I/O user experience)
(ODBC... but could be JDBC in the future version... of course)

I suspect that QZDASOINIT jobs will soon lock, or at least slow down, the
QINTER normal response-time for the standard terminal
works, due to the std priority of those jobs... And i'm afraid about the
temporary spaces that strange sort request or ODBC generic work will
use...

My i best isolate QZDASOINIT jobs in a dedicaded SBS and operate some
specific configuration ?

thank you all

Alberto