Paul,

Im no SQL stored procedure expert, but where is the output from the select
going.

I would expect to see either an the results to be written to a file, moved
into some host variables, or returned in a resultset.

Eg

CREATE PROCEDURE GetCusName()
RESULT SETS 1
LANGUAGE SQL
BEGIN
DECLARE c1 CURSOR FOR SELECT cusnam FROM customer ORDER BY cusnam;
OPEN c1;
SET RESULT SETS CURSOR c1;
END;

The docs are in the SQL Reference and

Stored Procedures and Triggers on DB2 Universal Database for iSeries redbook

the SQL Reference

cheers
Colin.W

http://as400blog.blogspot.com