this would be the best place to start:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/netserver/

the API's are outlined here:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/netserver/apiminiguide.htm

I do not recall if the GO NETS menu was part of QUSRTOOL at V5R1
( http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/netserver/qusrtool.htm )

but you can get it here...
ftp://testcase.boulder.ibm.com/as400/fromibm/ApiSamples/

look for  smbcmd.savf  Compiled to V4R4
( ftp://testcase.boulder.ibm.com/as400/fromibm/ApiSamples/smbcmd.savf)

Bryan Dietz
Aktion Associates