I don't remember whether this is on the WDSC site of the iSeries Access site, but there is a Navigator plugin that adds CODE items to the right-click popups, as I recall.

Here's stuff from the WDSC InfoCenter in the CODE Tips & Techniques section.

Use the CODE Tools with Operations Navigator

You can invoke the CODE editor, compiler, debugger, and designer from within the Operations Navigator of Client Access Express. You can work with your files using the File System function and still perform an edit, compile, or debug of iSeries files. The following sections explain the setup required to do this.

Installing CODE Tools Support

To install the CODE tools support, perform the following steps:

* Determine your default system for Client Access Express installed on your PC.
* Create a directory called IBM.CODE400 under QIBM\UserData\OpNavPlugin on the iSeries default system.
* Download the OPSNAV.ZIP file or if you have the product installed, find the file in the WDT400 directory.
* Copy the file into directory QIBM\UserData\OpNavPlugin\IBM.CODE400 and unzip it, preserving the file's directory structure.
* Run the Client Access Selective Setup on your PC ensuring that you select Install from source directory as your installation type. Make sure you specify the source directory as the Client Access Express install directory on your default system. For the components to install select Operations Navigator and then CODE/400 PlugIn as the subcomponent under the Details button.

Defining a CODE Server

Before you can work with the CODE tools from Operations Navigator, you must have a CODE server for the iSeries defined specifically for use with Operations Navigator . If you are using STRCODE use the system name as the server name. Where the system name is the same name as the iSeries connection in Client Access. If you are using the alternative to STRCODE, do the following:

* On your Windows desktop, select Start, point to Programs, IBM WebSphere Development Tools for iSeries, Communications, and then click Define TCPIP Server List
* The Define TCP/IP Server List window appears. Add an entry for the iSeries.

Invoking CODE Tools from within Operations Navigator

To invoke the CODE tools from within Operations Navigator, use the context menus of program and member objects in the File System function.

Uninstalling CODE Tools Support

To uninstall the CODE tools support, perform the following steps:

   * Run the Client Access Selective Setup on your PC.
   * Choose the option to uninstall components.
   * Select AS/400 Operations Navigator as the component to uninstall.
   * Select CODE/400 PlugIn as the subcomponent to uninstall.
HTH
Vern

At 07:59 AM 3/16/2005, you wrote:
A while back, I posted this:

> In iSeries Navigator, when expanding the 'root' down to the
> individual
> file level and right-clicking on a file name, one of the options is
> "Code Edit".
> Trying a Code edit there never works, however.  I always
> get an error
> box stating "EVF2102 RC=32751 Host server name 192.168.0.1 not
> defined".

I have since opened a PMR.  IBM cannot figure it out.  At this point they do
not know how the right-click popup menu even got the option for Code Edit
because none of their PCs back to and including WDSC V4 have it!

Could a couple of you who have iSeries Nav _and_ WDSCi installed try the
above and at least tell me whether you have the Code Edit option there?
Thanks.

Why do these thing keep happening to me . . .

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

company.  Unless I say so.