For what kind of file, Jeff?  I have an older version of Nav (V5R1M0),
and I get a couple of interesting results, none which match yours
<grin>.  First, if I drill down into the IFS directories and I finally
get to, say, an HTML file, I have a grayed-out edit option at the top of
the right-click menu.

Java files have lots of options.  Java source files allow me to do a
compile, while Java class files allow me to do a CRTJVAPGM, or even run
the class.

Now, if I drill into QSYS.LIB, I get different results.  Once I get down
to the member level in a source file, right-click brings up an "Edit"
option which allow me to edit the file in a text editor.  However, I had
a bad feeling about it, since such source<->text conversions weren't
always handled so well.  I tried editing a junk member, and everything
seemed to work until the save. The save got an error where I inserted a
line, and everything after that was lost.  Completely.

In any case, I was unable to conjure up a Code Edit option anywhere in
Nav.  Were you trying to edit an RPG source member?  If so, maybe that's
the issue.  I don't keep source in the IFS, so I have no way of testing.

Joe

> From: Jeff Crosby
>
> A while back, I posted this:
>
> > In iSeries Navigator, when expanding the 'root' down to the
> > individual
> > file level and right-clicking on a file name, one of the options is
> > "Code Edit".
> > Trying a Code edit there never works, however.  I always
> > get an error
> > box stating "EVF2102 RC=32751 Host server name 192.168.0.1 not
> > defined".
>
> I have since opened a PMR.  IBM cannot figure it out.  At this point
they
> do
> not know how the right-click popup menu even got the option for Code
Edit