I suspect you are not using the workstation customizing object that was
being used on the old device.

Check some other printer DEVD or
WRKOBJ OBJ(*ALLUSR) OBJTYPE(*WSCST) to see if something makes sense.

Most of our HP printer font problems being too small have been fixed
using the customized objects with the following changes:

    :CPICOR
      CPI=10
/*    ASCIIFNT=  255            ORIG ONE */
      ASCIIFNT=  204
/*    FNTWTH=   84              ORIG ONE */
      FNTWTH=   110
      FNTATR=    1
      DATA =''X.
    :CPICOR
      CPI=12
/*    ASCIIFNT=  255            ORIG ONE */
      ASCIIFNT=  222
/*    FNTWTH=   84              ORIG ONE */
      FNTWTH=   96
      FNTATR=    1
      DATA =''X.
    :CPICOR
      CPI=15
      ASCIIFNT=  281
/***  FNTWTH=   84                  ORIG ONE ***/
      FNTWTH=   72
      FNTATR=    1
      DATA =''X.

                message: 7
                date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 08:28:54 -0500
                from: Sean Porterfield <sporter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                subject: Re: Printer Fonts

                pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
                > There's a bunch of stuff in the archives, but I can't
seem to come up with
                > the answer. A client has an HP4000 that was printing
just fine until last
                > week. Somehow, they managed to blow away the device
description. The
                > default font size when reconfiguring it is 11, and
I've tried that. Now
                > I'm up to 101, and the user is still complaining that
the print is too
                > small. The sent me a faxes showing something printed
last week and today.
                > The sample from last week shows characters that appear
to be about 50%
                > bigger than today's sample. Is this a function of the
point size? What
                > would the settings have to be to compare to a font of
Times Roman 12?

                Any chance of a workstation customizing object?  I get
complaints from
                my laser printer users that everything is too small, so
I remove the
                customizing object and show them what small really is :)

David Smith
IT Consultant