JK,

Why not provide for the option to encrypt their email if they provide you
with an encryption key or keys?  If they lose the key it's up to them to get
another and provide you with the new key.  Put the onus of key management on
your customer instead of your service bureau.  You get to provide a new
service to your customers.  Your customers get encrypted email.  Win-Win.

Have you considered using an encrypted Zip file for the attachments?

Isn't the 'Stop Ripping Off Your Shareholders and Employees Act of 2002'
great?  Makes you do all these great things that improve the business.

Paul

--
Paul Morgan
Senior Programmer Analyst - Retail

"JK" wrote

>  Now, due to the "Full Employment for Lawyers and Auditors Act of 2002"
> (a.k.a. Sarbanes-Oxley) our main client is requiring all communications to
> be 'secure'. Without completely reworking the business procedures, I see
two
> 'link' to our website, challenge the user for a userid/pw and use HTTPS to
> allow the download.
>
>  The advantage of encrypted email is there is no possibility of the user
> accidentally retrieving an incorrect file from our website. The
disadvantage
> is that I'm not looking forward to educating dozens of
not-so-sophisticated