"To use your language Charles, that is a decision that on its face
makes no sense.   Why were my users not able to get the functionality
the wanted from the VB / RPG Subfile combo I describe above?  ( and
why was I not able to make more money in the process! )"

Why would you want to do it that way? What was the advantage? Why not
just have the VB program pull the data from the database and do
whatever you want? What was gained by having the subfile exist at the
same time on both systems?

I must be denser than normal today...