A potential new project involves translation of one of our products into Turkish. As luck would have it, the Affirmative Twinax Yestation we bought last year as a new console terminal happens to speak Turkish (and French, and German, and . . .)

For language, it has 2 Turkish versions: "Turkish" and "New Turkish." The latter, which comes up as KBDTYPE "TRB", appears to be a close match with an EBCDIC Code Page 1026 chart one of my colleagues found, but the former (which comes up as KBDTYPE "TKB") shows a very different code page, with (among other oddball characters he says aren't actually used in Turkish) H-strikeout (upper and lowercase), J with various diacriticals, and so forth, and lacking right-curly-brace and right-square-bracket.

Anybody know what I'm looking at?

And while I'm at it, any 5250 data stream or TN5250 gurus out there who know how a terminal (or TN5250 client) is supposed to tell the system its KBDTYPE?

--
James H. H. Lampert
Village Idiot