Re: Hmmmm.....$1 Billion

fixed

Going back further, I doubt adding multiple thread support to interactive jobs will do much for increasing sales for IBM.

Not many are going to the type of program Steve is describing using a 5250 display. If written as client/server, a GUI or web frontend could just as easily be used. The batch job would then use thread support if needed.

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Joe,

Going back to the origin, I think he is basing it on the fact that interactive does not support threads but batch does. He's trying to figure out why interactive has this limitation. I guess if it's on OS/400 we'll call it a limitation, but if it's on Windows we'll call it a bug.