There's an excellent point in that Jow - evolution. I don't know of
another language (and I'll preface it by saying I only know a few)
that's evolved as much as RPG in the 20+ years I've been programming.
btw...I don't think one can embrace a language unless you've made money
coding in it. School and casual reading just isn't the same.