Just  VPN connection to  iSeries then applications
CA is 5.1  systems OS 400  are  5.1/ 5.2 /5.3

At 10:22 AM 2/24/2005, Walden H. Leverich wrote:
Sérgio,

>-- have you disable the windows firewall?

Are you asking if he has disabled it, or how you would disable it?

In either case, I would ask WHY would you want to? You can poke holes in the firewall if you need inbound connections for client-side IP applications -- and you can do this administratively if you're in a large environment, so, why would you want to turn off the firewall.

However, if you want to, in control panel there's a FireWall app that allows you to turn it on/off and set exceptions.

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President & CEO
Tech Software