Vern,

Oh yeah, lots of fun with this one.

Not only is the API itself oh-so-easy to use, but you've got all those variable
length structures to play with.

Normally, when I deal with an API for the first time, I write an include file
that has not only the required prototype but DS templates to make the next
person's life easier.  With this bad boy, trying to figure out how to code the
templates to make them easily reusable is tricky.

Probably should be posting this to the RPG list but....

I'm looking at defining non-based DS in order to use the INZ keyword.  May make
use of some constants that need to be defined before copying/including the
file.  It'd be nice if RPG supported INZ on a based DS.  Granted, it doesn't
seem to make much sense for a based DS.  But, it'd be nice to use
LIKEDS(myBasedDS) inz(*LIKEDS).  Or being able to RESET on an allocated based
DS and having the values of certain subfields initialized for you.

Actually, I think I will bring this up on the RPG list, maybe we can get it
added to the wish list.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343