Do you know the ptf number, or APAR number?  It's easy to check.  I'll do
it for you and post the site.

Don't know if the open class stuff announcement was in the V5R2 version of

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/futuresftwr.html

But it's sure here:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/v5r3software.html

In theory, they could have been working on an alternative that would work
on V5R2.

Still, since the GA date for V5R3 was June 11, 2004 let's hope that Aldon
and IBM get their ducks in a row.
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/suptschedule.html

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Wilt, Charles" <CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/23/2005 09:41 AM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Aldon vs V5R3 was SAVLIB vs SAVOBJ

Rob,

Actually, the problem appears to be with the LM product (aka Affiniti) not
the LM(i) product (aka green screen ACMS).

I don't think I can hold it against Aldon, given the information I have.
"IBM removed support for the Open Class Library, a library on which the
Aldon LM server depends. Aldon has made the necessary changes to the Aldon
LM product to support OS/400 V5R3.  Testing these changes uncovered OS/400
SQL defects which were forwarded to  IBM for repair.  We recently received
a test PTF from IBM for the reported issues; the test fixes did resolve
the issues found.
We await the permanent fix from IBM before we are able to certify the
product for OS/400 V5R3."

Now as of, Dec-2004, the level 3 database group PTF did not include the
PTF needed.  It could at that time be ordered separately.

I haven't heard if the PTF has made it into the latest group or cume yet.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121