> From: Ryan Ware
>
> Not to troll, but my Win2k with SQL achieved that this last year.

It's not trolling, Ryan, just you sharing your opinion.  But once again,
what was your Win2K doing?  What is the maximum number of records in one
of your files?  The total records in your database?  How many
transactions a day do you do?

And Windows IS getting better.  Of course, considering how incredibly
bad it used to be, it's hard for it not to get better.  Even so, I can
tell you from experience that though my Windows machines are more
reliable than they used to be, they're nothing compared to my iSeries.

I have never had a crash on an iSeries that resulted in permanently lost
data no matter how hard I pushed it, and there are many people I know
who have had the same results.  On the other hand, I can't count how
many times I've lost an hour here or a day there because Word locked up,
or Outlook crashed, or Windows blue-screened, or some virus ate my disk
drive.

Joe