Neil,  I've asked the IBM iSeries guy responsible for this type of data if
he could assist with this request.

**************************
Have a blessed day!
Anne C Lucas
Customer Account Executive
Genisys Group Inc, an IBM Business Partner

Work      205-823-4831
Mobile   205-746-6850
eFax         615-250-4889
www.teamggi.com

message: 2
date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:01:09 -0500
from: Mike.Crump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: AS/400 - iSeries uptime statistics

Neil,

Do you have the one/two pager from Gartner Group?  It's probably pretty
dated at this point in time.  I had a copy at one point but might have to
do some digging.  My concern is that I think it is relatively dated.

Michael Crump
Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN  47302
(765)741-7696
(765)741-7012 f
(800)428-8642

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us
from the support of a cause we believe to be just"  Abraham Lincoln

             Neil Palmer/DPS
             <neilp@xxxxxxxxxx

                                       Midrange Systems Technical
             02/18/2005 12:19          Discussion
             PM                        <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             Midrange Systems          AS/400 - iSeries uptime statistics
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Does anyone have any links (independent research, or even IBM backed)
stating average uptime ratings for AS/400 - iSeries?  Wasn't it something
like 99.97% for a single processor image?  Something contrasting that with
numbers for a WinNt or Win2000 Server &/or 'nix boxes would also be very
useful (I recall one IBM presentation showing something like 99.9% uptime
for NT, and showing how many days a year that meant it was down, vs. how
many minutes for an AS/400).  I believe IBM at one point published
something showing that a single AS/400 - iSeries system had a higher
uptime rating that a 390 mainframe (one not in a Sysplex).

I've found some links, but could use some additional ones.

...Neil
list

------------------------------

message: 3
date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:00:38 -0800
from: "Gary Monnier" <gary.monnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: How do I force an FTP user to '/home/ftpdir'?

Again, the FTP signon exit points are where you will have to do this.
I'd love to fill you in on "the how to" but I'm legally constrained from
doing so.

Gary Monnier | Senior Software Developer

19426 68th Ave. S
Kent, WA 98032
(253) 872-7788 ext. 308
gary.monnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.powertech.com
This email message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
the intended recipient named above and may contain information that is
privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
received this email message in error, please immediately notify the
sender by replying to this email message or by telephone and delete the
message from your email system. Thank you.