The SHARE(*YES) is needed only if you use the file in a called program. This is because you have opened a data path (ODP) in the CL, and the RPG needs to share that ODP. For CPYFRMQRYF, it should not be set, IIRC.

Vern

At 06:23 AM 2/18/2005, you wrote:
Is this actually true?  I saw documentation yesterday saying otherwise and
wondered at the time if it was true.

---------------------------------

Booth Martin

http://www.martinvt.com

---------------------------------

-------Original Message-------

From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

Date: 02/18/05 05:41:19

To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

Subject: RE: CL question

The OVRDBF specifying SHARE(*YES) must proceed OPNQRYF.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.

Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"

e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234

914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com

http://www.taatool.com

http://www.as400connection.com

             "Chaudhary,

             Sachin \(GE

             Equipment                                                  To

             Services,                 "Midrange Systems Technical

             Consultant\)"             Discussion"

             <sachin.chaudhary         <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

             @ge.com>                                                   cc

             Sent by:

             midrange-l-bounce                                     Subject

             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            RE: CL question

             02/18/2005 12:35

             AM

             Please respond to

             Midrange Systems

                 Technical

                Discussion

             <midrange-l@midra

                 nge.com>

Cant you do an OPNQRYF with required selection after CPYF and prior to

OVRDBF?