I've had an PMR open for over a month at IBM on the fact that my HMC has
quit being  the Service Focal Point.  IBM requested I send then selected
data and the only action IBM has had me do other than that is to apply 2
PTFs. 1 I did the other I questioned as it was listed as a WebSphere PTF.
That was close to 2 weeks ago and they still haven't told me why I need
that PTF or if they simply fat fingered the number.

I have have finally configured each partition to place service calls
directly not using the HMC. I know it's not working yet since I have an
3581-L28 that causes a IOP error when I switch it between partitions (this
is a known code prob on the 3581-L28 and IBM has not released a fix yet)
It doesn't affect the drive's operation but does Call Home. Nothng is ever
logged in the HMC logs.

Anyway... Anyone know how to re-configure an HMC so it's the Service Focal
Point? Best IBM has done so far is say it should work automatically.

Kirk Goins CCNA
Systems Engineer, Manage Inc.
IBM Certified iSeries Solutions Expert
IBM Certified iSeries e-Business Infrastructure
IBM Certified Designing IBM e-business Solutions
Office 503-353-1721 x106 Cell 503-577-9519
kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      www.manageinc.com

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.