The help for those parameters certainly says that it creates a package.

You cannot do MOVOBJ or CRTDUPOBJ on the *SQLPKG object type so that makes
it pretty difficult to do any kind of CM on the object itself.  Also,
since the *SQLPKG is always tied to a specific program, it is easier to
create it as a by-product of creating the program, either as part of the
CRT command or by linking the CRTSQLPKG command.

Mark