> From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
>
> http://www-

912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf.nsf/a18db68aae4a7d81862566ba005d145c/6f5f6a97c1
26
> 608e86256e21004d0e9a?OpenDocument

Absolutely NOTHING in this document even hints of a security breach.  As
far as I can tell, it's a machine lockup due to an LPAR problem,
possibly due to a lost DASD event.  Hardly earth-shattering.  I suspect
we'll see some of these until the LPAR technology is fully mature.

> http://www-

912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf.nsf/a18db68aae4a7d81862566ba005d145c/afe8220b54
a9
> 933d86256f7800735e4e?OpenDocument

Whereas as near as I can tell this is a security problem in a logging
API.  What does it do?  Does it allow you to log to a file you don't
have access to?  Could be a problem, but once again, hardly
earth-shattering.

As far as I've seen here, there's nothing in either of these bugs that
has the slightest ability to affect the security of an iSeries.  And
yet, you would compare this to the many security breaches (the image
processor overflow being the latest) that allow you to simply take over
a Windows machine.

Joe