I have the link to CD-ROM Studio saved in my bookmarks just in case. :)
There's no pricing information on their site (that I could find).  Do you
happen to know how much they're charging for the non-Advanced version?

I've also been looking at the docs for "CD Builder" from BugBusters
(30-day free trial, btw), but in order to use its "no intermediate tape"
workflow I'd have to significantly alter my QINSTAPP script and the
release notes for my software.

So I'm intrigued by this "virtual optical drive" business...in fact, it
sounds like exactly what everyone would have wanted all along: the ability
to create volume images without needing disparate drives and media types
on hand.  I _am_ on V5R3, and so is (most of) the data I want to put on
the CD.

What I'd love is the ability to use virtual optical-ness to setup my
QTEMP/QINSTAPP magic, and write the AS400 library SAVFs that my QINSTAPP
looks for...but then have some way of adding 'normal' PC file system
stuff (text files, folders, html documents with long names, etc.) to the
CD image before I burn the whole shebang.

-Jared