From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ron hawkins
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 12:01 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: FTP text source problem

Thanks Jonathan. Seems like creating the source file at a greater record
length should work. I'll give it a try.

Ron Hawkins

Hi Ron

There isn't a way (as far as I know) of continuing the FTP command over
multiple lines.  You can specify command strings greater than 80 chars
in interactive mode so the same will be true for the batch mode.  I
think your problem is the record length of the source file you specified
when you created it (default 96 chars).  Create the FTP source file with
a record length of 256 (for example) and you will be able to get around
yout problem.

Alternatively, try splitting your ADDM command into two - for example

        ADDM library/file mbr TYPE(srctype)
        CHGPFM library/file mbr TEXT('description')

etc.

Hope it helps and Merry Christmas