1 - We don't use Outlook.  We use Notes and Domino.
2 - We use Cisco routers and firewalls and have sent our technicians off
to extensive training on them.
3 - We have an exit point package, but have written some of our own also.
4 - We are looking at SSO
5 - We have exhaustive documentation on how we believe users should be set
up in Windows, Notes and the iSeries.
6 - We have a formal Domino based workflow database for approval of new
user requests, request for access to certain areas, etc.
7 - We have made extensive use of Authorization lists, etc to secure each
divisions data.  However we have not adopted "Application Only Access".
8 - We have formal documentation of how employees should treat data
processing resources.
9 - We have our email scanned by Sprint's Messaging Labs.  And also use
Trend Micro's Scan Mail for Lotus Notes.
10 - All PC's have virus protection.
11 - We use a pass card on the computer room.
12 - We make use of several of the system values to restrict passwords.
Must balance that one with tempting users to write it on a post it note to
their computer.
13 - We have contracted with IBM to perform benevolent hacking and they
are in that process now.
and the list goes on.

<snip>
To find out more about IBM Managed Security Services, send an electronic
mail message to ibmmss@xxxxxxxxxx, call 1-800-426-7378, or visit our
website at:
http://www.ibm.com/services/us/index.wss/of/bcrs/a1000389
<endsnip>

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Mike Berman <mikeba777@xxxxxxxxx>
12/16/2004 08:37 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Security Products - Firewall

I am looking at our Security issues and needs. What Products if any do you
have installed and use? What are some important measures that you have or
have institued?

Thank you,

M.B.