midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   4. SC41-5120 (Smith, Mike)
>
>We are beginning an upgrade to V5r3 from V5r2 on a model 810.  I have
>created an image catalog, and now I'm trying to verify the catalog.
>I'm getting an error
>VERIFICATION OF IMAGE CATALOG FAILED WITH REASON CODE 02. REFER TO THE
>
>  RECOVERY PROCEDURES IN THE SOFTWARE INSTALLATION MANUAL, SC41-5120,
>FOR
>  REASON CODE RECOVERY INFORMATION.
>
>Verification for image catalog UPGRADE53 failed.
>

>I don't seem to have this manual.  Can someone tell me what this means,
>or if anyone knows a link for this manual online?

Mike:

Just to be certain I understand... You're attempting an OS/400 release upgrade
and you didn't get a Software Installation manual first? So, what are you using
for instructions?

Ah... V5R3... Never mind.

Well, maybe a V5R2 version will be useful for error codes. Try:

 http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/books/c4151206.pdf

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta