Many thanks Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 01 December 2004 15:35
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IFS File Share

Steve,

Our system also has the root set as read-only.  When I've wanted to add or
change something I have gone into Operations Navigator in Client Access,
then to File Systems, then to File Shares.  Then on the right pane
right-click the Root folder and select Properties.  In the box that opens
there should be an "access" drop-down box in the middle.  If it says
read-only then change it to Read/Write and click OK (this is assuming that
you have authority, etc.).

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Steve Dodkins

                      <Steve.Dodkins@xxxxx        To:       Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion
                      mpapst.com>
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB
                      Sent by:                    cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      midrange-l-bounces@m        Subject:  IFS File Share

                      idrange.com

                      12/01/2004 08:08 AM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

                      <midrange-l@midrange

                      .com>

Hi

I have set up a file share folder on the AS400 and whilst logged on to
Navigator i can cut paste delete files etc. When i use windows explorer i
can see the files and open them but not make any changes or put any new
files into the IFS folder. What have I not set up correctly?

My Windows and AS400 login are the same name and password - My AS400 and
Client Access are at V5.2 and I'm on Windows XP SP2

Regards

Steve