As of this morning, I'm getting a lot of DBOPTRACE splfs on the system.
I'm pretty sure it's because a group of PTFs I loaded over the weekend, but
I'm wondering if this is a problem or warning and do I need to contact IBM?

Further, is there a way to stop the splfs?

Thanks,

Ron Adams
Information Technology Group
Crane Valves
9200 New Trails Dr. Suite 200
The Woodlands, TX 77385

  "Walden H. Leverich"
  <WaldenL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             To:        "Midrange Systems
  Sent by:                      Technical Discussion"
  midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  om                                    cc:
                                        Fax to:
                                        Subject:        RE: Microsoft
  11/22/2004 08:55 AM           thwarted again
  Please respond to Midrange
  Systems Technical Discussion

>Reliability = ApplicationAvailability / Cost

I think that only holds so far. I'm not sure what units you'd apply
here, but take as an example:

Reliability = 95% uptime/$1000 solution
Reliability = 0.095

Reliability = 99.9% uptime/$100,000 solution
Reliability = 0.000999

But clearly the first solution isn't "more reliable." Now it's true
though, the impact of the downtime must be in there somewhere. As some
point a solution becomes "reliable enough".

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President & CEO
Tech Software