I sympathize with you and Dave, Rick.  I'm lucky in that I type
relatively fast so moving back and forth from keyboard to mouse is not
as much of an issue, but I still to this day get frustrated with an
interface that forces me to the mouse too often.

That being said, how often do you open new members?  Yeah, I know it's a
bit of a pain, but it's just not painful enough for me to get upset
about.  Maybe it's because I use WDSC so much and I'm used to doing
things with the mouse.  The more I use WDSC, the more I use the mouse,
especially for cutting and pasting and moving things around.

All that being said, how about a little popup?  (I'm not saying this
could be done, but let's brainstorm.)  You could assign the popup to
Ctrl-O.  The popup would prompt for library, file and member and would
open it.  It could default to the last values, and not only that, if it
senses something in the clipboard buffer, it would paste that into the
member name.  That way, if you were to open multiple members from the
same source file, you'd only have to mark the member name and copy it
into the clipboard, then switch to WDSC and hit Ctrl-O.

Next, somewhere along the line, someone could create a sockets listener
that would wait for a request from the host and would invoke the member
opener by sending the appropriate values.

Joe