Mark,

  Actually, your example is excellent.  I have had an instance where an Opnqry
was
performed in an opm clp (in the default activation group) where the open was
shared to
an ile rpg which was apparently compiled with default activation *no. Overscope
*job amd Openscope
*job had to be brought into play.

  We are currently not taking full advantage of ILE capabilities in most
applications.  However,
that could change as we go.

  I am currently researching what I might suggest as standards since we have
some developers that
have begun to use binding/linking of modules.  Having a mixture of activaction
groups does take
some consideration and Its the simple problems that usually get me.

Thanks,
Vance
Devon Energy