Subject: AS/400 NFS to Linux Help
From: "Leonard Burns IV" <leonard4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:55:28 +0000

Lets see if I can explain my situation correctly, I have my AS/400, I have a
Linux box, both on an internal IP setup, both can ping each other, both can
telnet back and forth. I have successfully mounted an SMBFS on the linux box
from the as/400, so I can access my as/400 files through the linux box. But I
need to do the other way around, I need to mount a linux nfs to a path on the
as/400, i've tried ADDMFS and MOUNT, all of which return a "Cannot find address
for specified system name", the command I'm using is:

MOUNT TYPE(*NFS) MFS('192.168.1.156:/as400') MNTOVRDIR('/LINUX')
CODEPAGE(*ASCII *ASCII)

I've tried substituting ADDMFS instead of MOUNT, and get the same issue. In my
TCP/IP host tables I have my local ip and the system.doman.com setup, as do I
have it in the domain information setup. And can't for the life of me figure
this out, it confuses me greatly that I can map the as/400 from the linux box,
but I can't do the reverse to get the linux onto the as/400. If anyone has any
experience with doing a linux NFS on a as/400 I'd greatly appreciate the
assistance in this.

Leonard