From: Vernon Hamberg [mailto:vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 10:25 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Multi-language pnlgrp

Hi, Sudha

I think the way to do this is to have message files of the same name in
different libraries for each language, then have a different library
list,
depending on the language. This is basically what IBM does - they have
QSYS
for the primary language, then they have QSYS2924, e.g., if US English
is
your secondary language. Then you can use *LIBL, as Rick showed.

There are a number of UIM elements where the text comes from a message
file. Now I see that these things might be resolved when the panel group
is
created. It's not completely clear to me. The &msg symbol suggests that
this is the case there. The other uses of a message file are not so
clear.
This would mean that you should have the compiled panel groups in
separate
language libraries.

As far as I know, there is no way to use a variable for the name of the
message file.

HTH
Vern

At 09:46 AM 11/13/2004, you wrote:
>Thanks Rick, this is a great help but I want to also parameterize the
>message file.  I see samples with hard coded file name.  Is this
>possible to use a variable that can hold the file name?
>
>Thanks,
>Sudha
>
>Sudha Ramanujan
>SunGard Futures Systems
>sramanujan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>(312) 577 6179
>(312) 577 6101 - Fax

If
> > yes, can you please clip a sample code for me?  Or point to me the
>link
> > on the subject?
> > TIA,
> >
> > Sudha Ramanujan
>--
>This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
>list
>

>--
>This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
list

list