Dear Mike,                                                         +> vendor
response

Your note raises issues that are pertinent to COBIT standards; those
"Control Objectives for Information & Related Technology" merited
attention long before Congress passed the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.

Here is a 65,000-foot level review of COBIT which has sub-links
which drill down into as much detail as you care to dig into:
    http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/cobit/source/2.html

Our 'Bill of Health' software generates a 100% complete assessment
of OS/400 security. It also reports: i) the implication of each
discovered vulnerability, and  ii) a suggested approach to mitigate
each risk, including the ones mentioned in your note.
    http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/BOH/source/1.html

Auditors like 'Bill of Health' because the results are from an objective
source and because the results can be replicated. Each time someone
important leaves your enterprise or some sensitive aspect about your
system changes, the report can be launched again to quickly analyze
any "net change" in your system security profile.

Warm regards,

Milt Habeck
Unbeaten Path
(888) 874-8008