Depends on where you want to go...
It "normally" has four factory "sets" that you can load.

The two most common are:

4 wire leased line
point to point SDLC dial

The menus are accessed from the front panel and it
basically asks which set you wish to load...

Somthing along the lines of:(this all from memory)

Press talk/data
? change rate -- press No
? modem parameters ??? -- press NO
? Test Patterns ???    -- press NO
? dial paramters       -- Press NO
? speaker options      -- press NO
? intialize option set -- press YES
? load factory option set -- press YES
? SURE                    press YES
? PICK Option (1,2,3,4)

Option 1 "should" be Async dial up
option 2 "should" be Sync dial up (most common)
option 3 "should be" Sync leased line (4 wire)
option 4 "should be" Sync 2 wire (not sure about this one)

It will also ask if you want to make it permanent ???

Tell it YES....

Jeff Kennedy wrote:
How do determine / change the setting on the

Motorola UDS V.3400 ?