I posted several weeks ago about trying to update a large PF and making CL
changes to speed up the process.  Several of you made suggestions so here are
the results.

Each time I did a pass, I first cleared the PF.  I ran the update with all 18
million records so each record had to be written to the PF.  Next, I ran the
update again so that it attempted to update each record.  I ran 3 passes:

Pass 1 - No changes MAINT of LF, no changes to NBRRCDS or FRCRATIO
Add portion - 25 hours, 16 minutes
Update portion - 8 hours, 51 minutes

Pass 2 -
CHGLF   FILE(FILE2LF)  MAINT(*DLY)
OVRDBF  FILE(FILE1) NBRRCDS(16383)  SEQONLY(*YES)
OVRDBF  FILE(FILE2) FRCRATIO(12500)
CALL  PGM(BIGFREAKINUPDATE)
CHGLF   FILE(FILE2LF)  MAINT(*IMMED)

Add portion - 25 hours, 17 minutes
Update portion - 8 hours, 38 minutes

Pass 3 -
CHGLF   FILE(FILE2LF)  MAINT(*DLY)
OVRDBF  FILE(FILE1) NBRRCDS(32767)  SEQONLY(*YES)
OVRDBF  FILE(FILE2) FRCRATIO(25000)
CALL  PGM(BIGFREAKINUPDATE)
CHGLF   FILE(FILE2LF)  MAINT(*IMMED)

Add portion - 25 hours, 5 minutes
Update portion - 8 hours, 38 minutes

I guess I expected to see better results in Pass 2 or 3.  Thoughts?