OK, I have tried the following some time back with no success.  We have made
changes at register.com since that time that solved other email problems so
I thought I would try it again.  Still no success today.

We use the iSeries as the mail server.  Setting is MAILROUTER(*NONE)
FIREWALL(*NO).

1) SNDDST to my gmail email account.  It worked.
2) CHGSMTPA MAILROUTER('outgoing.verizon.net') FIREWALL(*YES)
3) ENDTCPSVR(*SMTP) and STRTCPSVR(*SMTP)
4) SNDDST to my gmail email account.  It never arrived.
5) CHGSMTPA MAILROUTER(*NONE) FIREWALL(*NO)
6) ENDTCPSVR(*SMTP) and STRTCPSVR(*SMTP)
7) SNDDST to my gmail email account.  It worked.

I've seen the instructions for ADDDIRE(INTERNET ROUTER) and CHGDSTA
SMTPRTE(INTERNET ROUTER) and checked they are correct about a bazillion
times.  Why don't the above steps work?  I think I need it explained to me
like I'm a 6-year-old or something because I sure ain't getting' it.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

company.  Unless I say so.