Nope... Running the drives off the internal 5709 on the 520. The reason I
stopped raid is that the new raid cards use a different stripe pattern.
Then system will convert on the the fly to the new format, but I wanted to
control when that happened.

The real point was that I was able to take "ALL" the configured DASD in my
case and plug them in to the new system and IPL. I didn't need to do a
loadsource migration or  an restore beacause I was able to bring all 8 of
by 17gb 10K drives over.

_____________________
Kirk Goins CCNA
Systems Engineer, Manage Inc.
IBM Certified iSeries Solutions Expert
IBM Certified iSeries e-Business Infrastructure
IBM Certified Designing IBM e-business Solutions
Office 503-353-1721 x106 Cell 503-577-9519
kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      www.manageinc.com

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Philipp Rusch <philipp.rusch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/22/2004 07:48 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Cutover from 820 to i5/520

But Kirk,
you did not move your "old" RAID controller, did you ?

Mike, I doubt that a 2748 will work in a 520, besides you have to have
another system frame (0595) for the number of disks you are moving.
The main system frame holds only up to 8 disks which are controlled by
the internal controller.

HTH,
Philipp

list